For the Fall 2019-Spring 2020 soccer season, HMMS will be offering a Travel Team opportunity for children born between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 (U08). The purpose of the 2012 birth year travel team is to introduce travel play and training, prior to taking on all the expectations of a complete travel team.
The 2012 birth year team will play a 7v7 format and will participate in the 2011 birth year age group in a lower division in the local travel soccer league, Central PA Youth Soccer League (CPYSL). The team will limit its participation in travel tournaments to only one, the HMMS Central PA Players Cup on Memorial Day weekend May 24 and 25, 2020.
2012 Birth Year Travel Team Expectations:
- To participate in league play within CPYSL in the 2011 birth year age group (U09), but in a lower division. League games begin in September and conclude the beginning of November. Games for the spring season start the beginning of April and conclude in early June. Games are normally played on Saturdays.
- To play only one tournament, the HMMS Central PA Players Cup played on Memorial Day Weekend.
- Practice outdoor 2 times a week in the Fall and Spring and 1 time a week during the Winter
- Players are welcome to play other sports and participate in other activities, we just ask that you coordinate the other activities to be able to play soccer in fall 2019 & spring 2020.
- The total estimated costs per player, in addition to the normal HMMS registration, is approximately $335 for the soccer year. Those costs include additional registration, uniform, tournament fee and indoor rental fees.