The state of Pennsylvania has instituted laws for its schools, churches, and other organizations in an effort to ensure that our children are safe while participating in youth activities.
All coaches, assistant coaches, volunteers, and parents offering to help in HMMS are required to provide proof of the following listed clearances, confirmations, and certificates PRIOR TO being able to participate with the youth in its program. It is imperative that the names of anyone helping with a team in HMMS be provided to the appropriate age group coordinator and to HMMS via an email to HMMS’ club administrator, Wendy Campbell, at email@example.com .
All of our board members, age group coordinators, coaches, and anyone assisting at practices or games must complete the following:
Pennsylvania requires that items 1 & 2 be completed by every volunteer once every five years. If 1 & 2 have already been completed for your church, your child’s school or another organization, copies of those clearances can be provided.
1. PA STATE POLICE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK – https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp All Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and parents working with a team must complete and submit proof of their PA State Police Criminal Background Clearance. Click on the link provided above to complete your PA State Police Criminal Background Check.
2. PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCE – compass.state.pa.us/cwis All Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and parents working with a team must complete and submit proof of their PA Child Abuse Clearance. Click on the link provided above to complete your PA Child Abuse Clearance.
If you have lived in Pennsylvania for LESS THAN ten years, you will also need to complete #3.
3. FBI FEDERAL BACKGROUND CHECK (only needs to be completed if you have lived in PA LASS THAN 10 consecutive years) — https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/947/15/IdentoGo%20Service%20Code%203-12-2018.pdf
The Eastern PA Youth Soccer Association (EPYSA), HMMS’ governing body, requires that items 4 & 5 be completed yearly.
4. EPYSA RISK MANAGEMENT – https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/epys/18-19/RiskManagement.html HMMS is listed as Hampden-Middlesex-Monroe-SS. All Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and parents working with a team must complete their Risk Management annually in order to be able to coach. Click on the link provided above to complete your online 2018-2019 EPYSA Risk Management today. Print and provide a copy of your confirmation.
5. HEADS UP CONCUSSION TRAINING – http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/Training/index.html and then click on Launch the Course. All Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and parents working with a team must complete online Concussion Training annually. Click on the link provided above to complete your 2018 HEADS UP Concussion Training today. Print and provide a copy of your certificate of completion.
Please provide ALL required paperwork AT ONE TIME, in one neat package…
please do NOT provide materials in bits & pieces.
Proof of completion of the above items can be scanned and sent to Wendy Campbell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or can be mailed to or dropped-off in the HMMS container on Wendy’s porch at the address provided below.
Directions to my home from the Carlisle Pike:
- Merge onto PA-581 W / HARRISBURG EXPY (toward I-81)
- Take the CREEKVIEW ROAD exit- EXIT 2.
- Turn RIGHT onto CREEKVIEW RD.
- Go about a half mile and turn LEFT onto JERUSALEM RD.
- Go two stop signs and turn LEFT onto LOCUST LN. (Aldersgate UMC will be on your right)
- Go two stop signs and turn RIGHT onto LAWN CREST DR.
- At stop sign turn LEFT onto WALLINGFORD WAY
- End at HMMS SOCCER, 6206 Wallingford Way, Mechanicsburg, 17050 (house number is on the brick by the front door & on the curb in front of the house)
- We are the 6th house on the LEFT; white house, blue shutters, red front door