HMMS Referee School
Complete Course Application/Registration form and mail with payment to:
5145 S Deerfield Ave
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Requirements to Graduate
1. Students must: Complete “USSF Registration Form”, must be typed, provide two copies (http://www.epsarc.org/Becoming-a-Referee/Entry-Level-Class-Requirements). If a former referee, must provide 16-digit USSF number (EPSARC@verizon.net for assistance).
2. Must complete the PA Child Abuse Check, PA State Check and FBI Background Check and Disclosure Form (14-17 year olds), must be “Paid Employee” and not “Volunteer Certificates”, allow 3-weeks to complete (http://www.epsarc.org/Referees/Background-Clearances)
3. Complete the 7 online modules prior to the first class. Print and bring the certificates to the first class.
4. Attend all classes, all forms must be provided before first class: no one may attend classes without turning these in before the first class – NO exceptions.
5. Pass the Final Exam with a grade of 80% or higher
6. If a student fails the test and has not missed a class and has provided proof of completion for the online modules then they are allowed to sit for a retest. The retest cannot be given on the same day.
7. Students are NOT permitted to miss any sessions and must successfully complete all 7 online sessions and bring the certificates to be allowed to sit for the test. Failure to comply will mean that they must retake the class.
Prior to the first class:
1. All students must complete the 7 online modules at: http://www.ussoccer.com/Referees/Resource-Center/Online-Training/Grade-8-Referee-Course.aspx
a. Provide the following information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- State Association: Pennsylvania – East
- Class or clinic Number: HMM-0109
b. Complete successfully the following modules and print out a certificate for each module (duration of each session in [mins:secs]). Total time about 60-min.
- Concussions in Soccer [14:45]
- Law 1 [5:37]
- Law 2 [3:42]
- Law 3 [10:04]
- Law 4 [4:22]
- Law 7 [5:12]
- Law 8 [5:52]
2. All students should go to www.epsarc.org/Forms-Publications and download the “Information for New Referees”.
3. All students must complete the PA State mandated background clearances http://www.epsarc.org/Referees/Background-Clearances:
- PA child Abuse Check
- PA State Check
- FBI Background Check
- Disclosure Form (14-17-year olds).
HMMS Referee Course (Word Doc).